Through our daily interactions – and quarterly surveys – with both marketers and agencies we see a number of dynamics and trends shaping the “agency of the future”.
These forces give insight to agency capabilities and culture that will be important to success as our industry evolves.
The recent CMO.com article, 15 Mind-Blowing Stats About Digital Transformation provides a loud echo of our 2015 Outlook Survey insights and a consistent outlook on the industry evolution ahead.
A few points in particular to consider:
- Absence of leadership and fear of risk-taking will be hurdles for some in their digital transformation.
- Marketers see increasing their digital budgets without increasing overall marketing spend significantly:
- CMO.com reports 39% of Marketers expressing this expectation.
- 36% of Marketers anticipated no change in overall spending in the RSW/US 2015 Outlook Survey. 74% anticipated increased digital spending.
- Marketers desire and are searching for consistent and accurate means of measuring Marketing ROI.
One thing we can be certain of is that our industry is changing. And, it’s changing fast.
Something else we can be certain of is that Marketers need help from agencies as much as ever, if not more so.
Over the upcoming months, we’ll be sharing our perspective around the eight key characteristics of what a successful agency will look like in the future – what they’ll need to be able to offer, and how they’ll need to work with their clients.
The implications of this bear directly on Agency New Business.
We really would like this to become a dialog.
We’re excited about the future, and eager to hear how you’re planning to make the most of it.